Crossword Clue & Answers
26 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 11 answers for the crossword clue 'Minus', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Minus a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Minus as an answer itself some 132 times.
Minus is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Tuesday, 30 November 2021 with the answer being LESS, we also found LESS to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 30 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 11 Oct 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 24 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 3 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 28 May 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 25 May 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 25 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 14 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 5 Apr 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Minus', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Minus' and give you a hint.
- An arithmetic operation in which the difference between two numbers is calculated; "the subtraction of three from four leaves one"; "four minus three equals one"
- Involving disadvantage or harm; "minus (or negative) factors"
- On the negative side or lower end of a scale; "minus 5 degrees"; "a grade of B minus"
In opposition to a proposition, opinion, etc.; "much was written pro and con"
(usually preceded by `no') lower in quality; "no less than perfect"
Use a surgical instrument to hold open (the edges of a wound or an organ)
A piece of photographic film showing an image with light and shade or colors reversed
Take off or away; "this prefix was subtracted when the word was borrowed from French"
The state of needing something that is absent or unavailable; "there is a serious lack of insight into the problem"; "water is the critical deficiency in desert regions"; "for want of a nail the shoe was lost"
An arithmetic operation in which the difference between two numbers is calculated; "the subtraction of three from four leaves one"; "four minus three equals one"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Minus . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.