Crossword Clue & Answers
16 July 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 4 answers for the crossword clue 'Metropolis', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Metropolis a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Metropolis as an answer itself some 35 times.
Metropolis is a single word clue made up of 10 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Monday, 19 July 2021 with the answer being CAPITAL, we also found CAPITAL to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 19 Jul 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 21 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 15 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 28 Dec 2020
- The Mirror Quick - 6 Nov 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 21 Jun 2019
- The Daily Mail Quick - 12 Nov 2018
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Metropolis', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Metropolis' and give you a hint.
- People living in a large densely populated municipality; "the city voted for Republicans in 1994"
- A large and densely populated urban area; may include several independent administrative districts; "Ancient Troy was a great city"
People living in a large densely populated municipality; "the city voted for Republicans in 1994"
A city in southeastern South Korea
The upper part of a column that supports the entablature
A large and densely populated urban area; may include several independent administrative districts; "Ancient Troy was a great city"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Metropolis . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.