Crossword Clue & Answers
29 November 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 12 answers for the crossword clue 'Merriment', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Merriment a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Merriment as an answer itself some 27 times.
Merriment is a single word clue made up of 9 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Friday, 05 November 2021 with the answer being GLEE, we also found GLEE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 5 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 4 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 8 Jul 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 11 Jun 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 9 Jun 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 26 May 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 19 May 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 22 Apr 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 14 Apr 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 1 Apr 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Merriment', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Merriment' and give you a hint.
- Activities that are enjoyable or amusing; "I do it for the fun of it"; "he is fun to have around"
- A gay feeling
Violent and excited activity; "she asked for money and then the fun began"; "they began to fight like fun"
The emotion of great happiness
The quality of being cheerful and dispelling gloom; "flowers added a note of cheerfulness to the drab room"
A festive merry feeling
Feeling jolly and jovial and full of good humor
The activity of laughing; the manifestation of joy or mirth or scorn; "he enjoyed the laughter of the crowd"
An activity that is diverting and that holds the attention
Activities that are enjoyable or amusing; "I do it for the fun of it"; "he is fun to have around"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Merriment . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.