Crossword Clue & Answers
8 September 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 1 answer for the crossword clue 'Lockjaw', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Lockjaw a popularity rating of 'Common' because it has featured in a number crossword publications.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Lockjaw as an answer itself some 15 times.
Lockjaw is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Monday, 06 September 2021 with the answer being TETANUS, we also found TETANUS to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 6 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 26 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 5 Mar 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 1 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 11 Jan 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 3 Aug 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 21 Jul 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 9 Apr 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 31 Mar 2020
- The Guardian Quick - 3 Feb 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Lockjaw', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Lockjaw' and give you a hint.
- An acute and serious infection of the central nervous system caused by bacterial infection of open wounds; spasms of the jaw and laryngeal muscles may occur during the late stages
A sustained muscular contraction resulting from a rapid series of nerve impulses
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Lockjaw . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.