Crossword Clue & Answers
3 July 2021
Last seen in: The Sun Cryptic
We found 8 answers for the crossword clue 'Loan', the most recent of which was seen in the The Sun Cryptic.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Loan a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Loan as an answer itself some 177 times.
Loan is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Sun Cryptic' on Saturday, 03 July 2021 with the answer being ADVANCE, but the most popular answer for this clue is LEND.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Sun Cryptic - 3 Jul 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 13 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 16 Mar 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 21 Feb 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 7 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 28 Sep 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 2 Apr 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Loan', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Loan' and give you a hint.
- A word borrowed from another language; e.g. `blitz' is a German word borrowed into modern English
- The temporary provision of money (usually at interest)
- Give temporarily; let have for a limited time; "I will lend you my car"; "loan me some money"
A large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States
Have certain characteristics of qualities for something; be open or vulnerable to; "This story would lend itself well to serialization on television"; "The current system lends itself to great abuse"
An act that brings discredit to the person who does it; "he made a huge blot on his copybook"
Get temporarily; "May I borrow your lawn mower?"
Used in the phrase `to your credit' in order to indicate an achievement deserving praise; "she already had several performances to her credit";
The act of moving forward (as toward a goal)
A word borrowed from another language; e.g. `blitz' is a German word borrowed into modern English
Put up as security or collateral
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Loan . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.