Crossword Clue & Answers
3 December 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 10 answers for the crossword clue 'Limb', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Limb a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Limb as an answer itself some 174 times.
Limb is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Thursday, 09 December 2021 with the answer being ARM, but the most popular answer for this clue is LEG.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 9 Dec 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 2 Dec 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 9 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 4 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 4 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 30 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 25 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 8 Jul 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 16 Jun 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Limb', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Limb' and give you a hint.
- Any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm; "the arm of the record player"; "an arm of the sea"; "a branch of the sewer"
- The graduated arc that is attached to an instrument for measuring angles; "the limb of the sextant"
- (astronomy) the circumferential edge of the apparent disc of the sun or the moon or a planet
- Any of the main branches arising from the trunk or a bough of a tree
- Either of the two halves of a bow from handle to tip; "the upper limb of the bow"
- One of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping: arm; leg; wing; flipper
The part of an armchair or sofa that supports the elbow and forearm of a seated person
A prosthesis that replaces a missing leg
Any of the larger branches of a tree
Any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm; "the arm of the record player"; "an arm of the sea"; "a branch of the sewer"
An organization that is a member of another organization (especially a state that belongs to a group of nations); "the library was a member of the interlibrary loan association"; "Canada is a member of the United Nations"
A part that is joined to something larger
Act of expanding in scope; making more widely available; "extension of the program to all in need"
That part of a limb that is farthest from the torso
Any of the main branches arising from the trunk or a bough of a tree
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Limb . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.