Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
7 January 2021
Last seen in: The Mirror Classic
We found 5 answers for the crossword clue 'Layer', the most recent of which was seen in the The Mirror Classic.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Layer a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Layer as an answer itself some 157 times.
Layer is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Mirror Classic' on Sunday, 24 January 2021 with the answer being TIER, we also found TIER to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Mirror Classic - 24 Jan 2021
- The New York Times Crossword - 31 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 15 Dec 2020
- The Mirror Classic - 29 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 24 Nov 2020
- The Mirror Classic - 20 Oct 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 10 Oct 2020
- The Mirror Classic - 10 Sep 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 23 Jan 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 8 Dec 2017
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Layer', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Layer' and give you a hint.
- Thin structure composed of a single thickness of cells
- A hen that lays eggs
- An abstract place usually conceived as having depth; "a good actor communicates on several levels"; "a simile has at least two layers of meaning"; "the mind functions on many strata simultaneously"
- A relatively thin sheetlike expanse or region lying over or under another
- Single thickness of usually some homogeneous substance; "slices of hard-boiled egg on a bed of spinach"
- Make or form a layer; "layer the different colored sands"
We found 2 anagrams for the word 'Layer'.
- early During an early stage; "early on in her career"
- relay The act of passing something along from one person or group to another; "the relay was successful"
Adult female bird
One of the strands twisted together to make yarn or rope or thread; often used in combination; "three-ply cord"; "four-ply yarn"
A thin layer covering something; "a second coat of paint"
Something that is used for tying; "the sail is fastened to the yard with tiers"
An abstract place usually conceived as having depth; "a good actor communicates on several levels"; "a simile has at least two layers of meaning"; "the mind functions on many strata simultaneously"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Layer . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.