Crossword Clue & Answers
3 December 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 15 answers for the crossword clue 'Lake', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Lake a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Lake as an answer itself some 212 times.
Lake is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Friday, 10 December 2021 with the answer being MERE, we also found MERE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 10 Dec 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 29 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 23 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 28 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 20 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 14 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 6 Sep 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 21 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 8 Jul 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Lake', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Lake' and give you a hint.
- A body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land
- Any of numerous bright translucent organic pigments
- A purplish red pigment prepared from lac or cochineal
We found 2 anagrams for the word 'Lake'.
- kale A hardy cabbage with coarse curly leaves that do not form a head
- leak An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape; "one of the tires developed a leak"
A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York
A long narrow inlet of the sea in Scotland (especially when it is nearly landlocked)
Being nothing more than specified; "a mere child"
A small lake; "the pond was too small for sailing"
Any of various games played on a pool table having 6 pockets
Stately heavy-bodied aquatic bird with very long neck and usually white plumage as adult
A mountain lake (especially one formed by glaciers)
Irish word for a lake
A body of water cut off from a larger body by a reef of sand or coral
Tank used for collecting and storing a liquid (as water or oil)
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Lake . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.