Crossword Clue & Answers
View Full SolutionAre you solving today's "The Mirror Quick" crossword?
11 April 2021
Last seen in: The Mirror Quick
We found 10 answers for the crossword clue 'Lair', the most recent of which was seen in the The Mirror Quick.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Lair a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Lair as an answer itself some 295 times.
Lair is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Mirror Quick' on Tuesday, 13 April 2021 with the answer being DEN, we also found DEN to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Mirror Quick - 13 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 24 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 11 Feb 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 1 Feb 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 21 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 8 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 30 Dec 2020
- The Mirror Classic - 24 Dec 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Lair', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Lair' and give you a hint.
- The habitation of wild animals
We found 6 anagrams for the word 'Lair'.
- aril Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed
- Lari The basic unit of money in Georgia
- liar A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly
- lira Formerly the basic unit of money in Italy; equal to 100 centesimi
- rail Any of numerous widely distributed small wading birds of the family Rallidae having short wings and very long toes for running on soft mud
- rial The basic unit of money in Iran
A room that is comfortable and secluded
A unit of electrical resistance equal to the resistance between two points on a conductor when a potential difference of one volt between them produces a current of one ampere
A mark on a die or on a playing card (shape depending on the suit)
A kind of gun emplacement; "a machine-gun nest"; "a nest of snipers"
A hole made by an animal, usually for shelter
A safe place; "He ran to safety"
The type of environment in which an organism or group normally lives or occurs; "a marine habitat"; "he felt safe on his home grounds"
A frequently visited place
(military) withdrawal of troops to a more favorable position to escape the enemy's superior forces or after a defeat; "the disorderly retreat of French troops"
An area where you can be alone
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Lair . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.