Crossword Clue & Answers
2 July 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 20 answers for the crossword clue 'Label', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Label a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Label as an answer itself some 154 times.
Label is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Monday, 05 July 2021 with the answer being TAB, but the most popular answer for this clue is TAG.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 5 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 21 Jun 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 11 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 3 Jun 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 26 May 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 13 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 13 Jan 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 18 Dec 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 10 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 14 Oct 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Label', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Label' and give you a hint.
- A brief description given for purposes of identification; "the label Modern is applied to many different kinds of architecture"
- An identifying or descriptive marker that is attached to an object
- A radioactive isotope that is used in a compound in order to trace the mechanism of a chemical reaction
- Distinguish (an element or atom) by using a radioactive isotope or an isotope of unusual mass for tracing through chemical reactions
- Attach a tag or label to; "label these bottles"
- Distinguish (as a compound or molecule) by introducing a labeled atom
- Assign a label to; designate with a label; "These students were labelled `learning disabled'"
- Trade name of a company that produces musical recordings; "the artists and repertoire department of a recording label is responsible for finding new talent"
- Pronounce judgment on; "They labeled him unfit to work here"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Label'.
A short strip of material attached to or projecting from something in order to facilitate opening or identifying or handling it; "pull the tab to open the can"; "files with a red tab will be stored separately"; "the collar has a tab with a button hole"; "the filing cards were organized by cards having indexed tabs"
Go after with the intent to catch; "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley"; "the dog chased the rabbit"
Something that exactly succeeds in achieving its goal; "the new advertising campaign was a bell ringer"; "scored a bull's eye"; "hit the mark"; "the president's speech was a home run"
By the sanction or authority of; "halt in the name of the law"
An emblem (a small piece of plastic or cloth or metal) that signifies your status (rank or membership or affiliation etc.); "they checked everyone's badge before letting them in"
A cutting or thrusting weapon that has a long metal blade and a hilt with a hand guard
An authority who is able to estimate worth or quality
A temporally organized plan for matters to be attended to
The appropriate or desirable thing; "this car could be just the ticket for a small family"
A distinctive characteristic or attribute
A short knife with a pointed blade used for piercing or stabbing
A person who devises plots or intrigues; "he is believed to be the principal designer of the terrorist bombing attack"
Consider to be equal or the same; "He identified his brother as one of the fugitives"
Decree or designate beforehand; "She was destined to become a great pianist"
Speak, pronounce, or utter in a certain way; "She pronounces French words in a funny way"; "I cannot say `zip wire'"; "Can the child sound out this complicated word?"
Place into or assign to a category; "Children learn early on to categorize"
A small compartment
A conventional or formulaic conception or image; "regional stereotypes have been part of America since its founding"
Trade name of a company that produces musical recordings; "the artists and repertoire department of a recording label is responsible for finding new talent"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Label . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.