Crossword Clue & Answers
16 June 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 14 answers for the crossword clue 'Knife', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Knife a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Knife as an answer itself some 126 times.
Knife is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Monday, 14 June 2021 with the answer being CLEAVER, but the most popular answer for this clue is STAB.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 14 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 8 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 27 Apr 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 5 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 30 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 4 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 30 Dec 2020
- The Mirror Classic - 1 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 11 Nov 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Knife', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Knife' and give you a hint.
- Edge tool used as a cutting instrument; has a pointed blade with a sharp edge and a handle
- A weapon with a handle and blade with a sharp point
- Any long thin projection that is transient; "tongues of flame licked at the walls"; "rifles exploded quick knives of fire into the dark"
- Use a knife on; "The victim was knifed to death"
An unexcused absence from class; "he was punished for taking too many cuts in his math class"
A knife used as a weapon
Informal words for any attempt or effort; "he gave it his best shot"; "he took a stab at forecasting"
The flat part of a tool or weapon that (usually) has a cutting edge
A cutting implement; a tool for cutting
A short knife with a pointed blade used for piercing or stabbing
An acutely pointed Gothic arch, like a lance
14th President of the United States (1804-1869)
The flap of material under the laces of a shoe or boot
Any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting or hunting; "he was licensed to carry a weapon"
A butcher's knife having a large square blade
A large heavy knife used in Central and South America as a weapon or for cutting vegetation
A thin straight surgical knife used in dissection and surgery
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Knife . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.