Crossword Clue & Answers
26 November 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 22 answers for the crossword clue 'Intense', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Intense a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Intense as an answer itself some 224 times.
Intense is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Friday, 29 October 2021 with the answer being VEHEMENT, but the most popular answer for this clue is DEEP.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 29 Oct 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 19 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 30 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 14 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Jan 2021
- The Guardian Quick - 11 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 23 Oct 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 12 Oct 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Intense', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Intense' and give you a hint.
- (of color) having the highest saturation; "vivid green"; "intense blue"
- Extremely sharp or intense; "acute pain"; "felt acute annoyance"; "intense itching and burning"
- Possessing or displaying a distinctive feature to a heightened degree; "intense heat"; "intense anxiety"; "intense desire"; "intense emotion"; "the skunk's intense acrid odor"; "intense pain"; "enemy fire was intense"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Intense'.
Marked by active interest and enthusiasm; "an avid sports fan"
Literary term for an ocean; "denizens of the deep"
A mark (') placed above a vowel to indicate pronunciation
Remarkable or out of the ordinary in degree or magnitude or effect; "a great crisis"; "had a great stake in the outcome"
(of color) having the highest saturation; "vivid green"; "intense blue"
Characterized by strong enthusiasm; "ardent revolutionaries"; "warm support"
Marked by extreme and violent energy; "a ferocious beating"; "fierce fighting"; "a furious battle"
Causing fear or anxiety by threatening great harm; "a dangerous operation"; "a grave situation"; "a grave illness"; "grievous bodily harm"; "a serious wound"; "a serious turn of events"; "a severe case of pneumonia"; "a life-threatening disease"
Being distilled rather than fermented; having a high alcoholic content; "hard liquor"
Cooking in a liquid that has been brought to a boil
The act of burning something; "the burning of leaves was prohibited by a town ordinance"
The furthest or highest degree of something; "he carried it to extremes"
Characterized by intense emotion; "ardent love"; "an ardent lover"; "a fervent desire to change society"; "a fervent admirer"; "fiery oratory"; "an impassioned appeal"; "a torrid love affair"
Forceful and definite in expression or action; "the document contained a particularly emphatic guarantee of religious liberty"
Strong enough to knock down or overwhelm; "a knock-down blow"
Coming from deep within one; "a profound sigh"
Very great or intense; "a terrific noise"; "a terrific thunderstorm storm"; "fought a terrific battle"
Characterized by great force or energy; "vehement deluges of rain"; "vehement clapping"; "a vehement defense"
(of persons) excessively affected by emotion; "he would become emotional over nothing at all"; "she was worked up about all the noise"
Having or expressing strong emotions
Gathered together or made less diffuse; "their concentrated efforts"; "his concentrated attention"; "concentrated study"; "a narrow thread of concentrated ore"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Intense . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.