Crossword Clue & Answers
11 April 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 22 answers for the crossword clue 'Intense', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Intense a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Intense as an answer itself some 217 times.
Intense is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Friday, 22 January 2021 with the answer being DEEP, we also found DEEP to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Jan 2021
- The Guardian Quick - 11 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 23 Oct 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 12 Oct 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 9 Oct 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 27 Aug 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 17 Feb 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 8 May 2019
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Intense', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Intense' and give you a hint.
- (of color) having the highest saturation; "vivid green"; "intense blue"
- Extremely sharp or intense; "acute pain"; "felt acute annoyance"; "intense itching and burning"
- Possessing or displaying a distinctive feature to a heightened degree; "intense heat"; "intense anxiety"; "intense desire"; "intense emotion"; "the skunk's intense acrid odor"; "intense pain"; "enemy fire was intense"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Intense'.
Marked by active interest and enthusiasm; "an avid sports fan"
Literary term for an ocean; "denizens of the deep"
A mark (') placed above a vowel to indicate pronunciation
A person who has achieved distinction and honor in some field; "he is one of the greats of American music"
(of color) having the highest saturation; "vivid green"; "intense blue"
Characterized by strong enthusiasm; "ardent revolutionaries"; "warm support"
Marked by extreme and violent energy; "a ferocious beating"; "fierce fighting"; "a furious battle"
Causing fear or anxiety by threatening great harm; "a dangerous operation"; "a grave situation"; "a grave illness"; "grievous bodily harm"; "a serious wound"; "a serious turn of events"; "a severe case of pneumonia"; "a life-threatening disease"
Being distilled rather than fermented; having a high alcoholic content; "hard liquor"
Cooking in a liquid that has been brought to a boil
The act of burning something; "the burning of leaves was prohibited by a town ordinance"
The furthest or highest degree of something; "he carried it to extremes"
Characterized by intense emotion; "ardent love"; "an ardent lover"; "a fervent desire to change society"; "a fervent admirer"; "fiery oratory"; "an impassioned appeal"; "a torrid love affair"
Forceful and definite in expression or action; "the document contained a particularly emphatic guarantee of religious liberty"
Strong enough to knock down or overwhelm; "a knock-down blow"
Coming from deep within one; "a profound sigh"
Causing extreme terror; "a terrifying wail"
Characterized by great force or energy; "vehement deluges of rain"; "vehement clapping"; "a vehement defense"
(of persons) excessively affected by emotion; "he would become emotional over nothing at all"; "she was worked up about all the noise"
Having or expressing strong emotions
Gathered together or made less diffuse; "their concentrated efforts"; "his concentrated attention"; "concentrated study"; "a narrow thread of concentrated ore"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Intense . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.