Crossword Clue & Answers
26 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 18 answers for the crossword clue 'Imitate', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Imitate a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Imitate as an answer itself some 164 times.
Imitate is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Tuesday, 30 November 2021 with the answer being APE, we also found APE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 30 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 12 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 3 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 14 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 7 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 7 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 2 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 2 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 24 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Feb 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Imitate', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Imitate' and give you a hint.
- Appear like, as in behavior or appearance; "Life imitate art"
- Reproduce someone's behavior or looks; "The mime imitated the passers-by"; "Children often copy their parents or older siblings"
- Make a reproduction or copy of
Represent in or produce a caricature of; "The drawing caricatured the President"
Matter to be printed; exclusive of graphical materials
A close parallel of a feeling, idea, style, etc.; "his contention contains more than an echo of Rousseau"; "Napoleon III was an echo of the mighty Emperor but an infinitely better man"
Someone who mimics (especially an actor or actress)
Polished surface that forms images by reflecting light
Any of various long-tailed primates (excluding the prosimians)
Usually brightly colored zygodactyl tropical birds with short hooked beaks and the ability to mimic sounds
Imitate the function of (another system), as by modifying the hardware or the software
A departure; especially of airplanes
Create anew; "she recreated the feeling of the 1920's with her stage setting"
Make a pretence of; "She assumed indifference, even though she was seething with anger"; "he feigned sleep"
A copy that is represented as the original
Assume or act the character of; "She impersonates Madonna"; "The actor portrays an elderly, lonely man"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Imitate . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.