Crossword Clue & Answers
29 March 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 18 answers for the crossword clue 'Imitate', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Imitate a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Imitate as an answer itself some 163 times.
Imitate is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Friday, 02 April 2021 with the answer being MIMIC, but the most popular answer for this clue is APE.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 2 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 24 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 21 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 24 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 2 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 14 Sep 2020
- The New York Times Mini - 29 Jul 2017
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Imitate', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Imitate' and give you a hint.
- Appear like, as in behavior or appearance; "Life imitate art"
- Reproduce someone's behavior or looks; "The mime imitated the passers-by"; "Children often copy their parents or older siblings"
- Make a reproduction or copy of
Represent in or produce a caricature of; "The drawing caricatured the President"
Matter to be printed; exclusive of graphical materials
A close parallel of a feeling, idea, style, etc.; "his contention contains more than an echo of Rousseau"; "Napoleon III was an echo of the mighty Emperor but an infinitely better man"
Someone who mimics (especially an actor or actress)
Polished surface that forms images by reflecting light
Any of various long-tailed primates (excluding the prosimians)
Usually brightly colored zygodactyl tropical birds with short hooked beaks and the ability to mimic sounds
Imitate the function of (another system), as by modifying the hardware or the software
A departure; especially of airplanes
Create anew; "she recreated the feeling of the 1920's with her stage setting"
Create a representation or model of; "The pilots are trained in conditions simulating high-altitude flights"
A copy that is represented as the original
Assume or act the character of; "She impersonates Madonna"; "The actor portrays an elderly, lonely man"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Imitate . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.