Crossword Clue & Answers
6 August 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 3 answers for the crossword clue 'However', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given However a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen However as an answer itself some 41 times.
However is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Thursday, 29 July 2021 with the answer being BUT, we also found BUT to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 29 Jul 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 12 May 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 9 Mar 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 7 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 25 Jan 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 8 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 6 Oct 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 5 Sep 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 29 Jun 2019
- The Daily Mail Quick - 4 Apr 2019
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'However', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'However' and give you a hint.
- In whatever way or manner; "Victory, however it was brought about, was sweet"; "however he did it, it was very clever"
- By contrast; on the other hand; "the first part was easy; the second, however, took hours"
- Despite anything to the contrary (usually following a concession); "although I'm a little afraid, however I'd like to try it"; "while we disliked each other, nevertheless we agreed"; "he was a stern yet fair master"; "granted that it is dangerous, all the same I still want to go"
- To whatever degree or extent; "The results, however general, are important"; "they have begun, however reluctantly, to acknowledge the legitimacy of some of the opposition's concerns"
We found 2 anagrams for the word 'However'.
And nothing more; "I was merely asking"; "it is simply a matter of time"; "just a scratch"; "he was only a child"; "hopes that last but a moment"
Up to the present time; "I have yet to see the results"; "details are yet to be worked out"
Despite anything to the contrary (usually following a concession); "although I'm a little afraid, however I'd like to try it"; "while we disliked each other, nevertheless we agreed"; "he was a stern yet fair master"; "granted that it is dangerous, all the same I still want to go"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for However . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.