Crossword Clue & Answers
3 June 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 3 answers for the crossword clue 'Halt', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Halt a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Halt as an answer itself some 147 times.
Halt is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Friday, 11 June 2021 with the answer being STOP, we also found STOP to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 11 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 7 May 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 6 May 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 6 Apr 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 13 Feb 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 27 Nov 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 13 Sep 2020
- The Mirror Quick - 25 Aug 2020
- The Mirror Quick - 28 Jul 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 26 May 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Halt', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Halt' and give you a hint.
- An interruption or temporary suspension of progress or movement; "a halt in the arms race"; "a nuclear freeze"
- The event of something ending; "it came to a stop at the bottom of the hill"
- Stop the flow of a liquid; "staunch the blood flow"; "stem the tide"
- Disabled in the feet or legs; "a crippled soldier"; "a game leg"
- Cause to stop; "Halt the engines"; "Arrest the progress"; "halt the presses"
- The state of inactivity following an interruption; "the negotiations were in arrest"; "held them in check"; "during the halt he got some lunch"; "the momentary stay enabled him to escape the blow"; "he spent the entire stop in his seat"
- Come to a halt, stop moving; "the car stopped"; "She stopped in front of a store window"
- Stop from happening or developing; "Block his election"; "Halt the process"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Halt'.
- lath A narrow thin strip of wood used as backing for plaster or to make latticework
The green acidic fruit of any of various lime trees
A brief stay in the course of a journey; "they made a stopover to visit their friends"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Halt . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.