Crossword Clue & Answers
26 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 13 answers for the crossword clue 'Groove', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Groove a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Groove as an answer itself some 121 times.
Groove is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Thursday, 18 November 2021 with the answer being RUT, we also found RUT to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 18 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 21 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 29 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 23 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 21 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 30 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 19 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 8 Jul 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 21 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 15 Jun 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Groove', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Groove' and give you a hint.
- A settled and monotonous routine that is hard to escape; "they fell into a conversational rut"
- (anatomy) any furrow or channel on a bodily structure or part
- A long narrow furrow cut either by a natural process (such as erosion) or by a tool (as e.g. a groove in a phonograph record)
- Hollow out in the form of a furrow or groove; "furrow soil"
- Make a groove in, or provide with a groove; "groove a vinyl record"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Groove'.
A settled and monotonous routine that is hard to escape; "they fell into a conversational rut"
Mate successfully; of livestock
A stratum of ore or coal thick enough to be mined with profit; "he worked in the coal beds"
A small slit (as for inserting a coin or depositing mail); "he put a quarter in the slot"
Cut or make a notch into; "notch the rope"
Any of a number of tiny parallel grooves such as: the scratches left by a glacier on rocks or the streaks or ridges in muscle tissue
A Malayan dagger with a wavy blade
A long shallow trench in the ground (especially one made by a plow)
A way of selling a company's product either directly or via distributors; "possible distribution channels are wholesalers or small retailers or retail chains or direct mailers or your own stores"
An unvarying or habitual method or procedure
Mark with striae or striations
(anatomy) any furrow or channel on a bodily structure or part
The act of cutting into an edge with toothlike notches or angular incisions
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Groove . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.