Crossword Clue & Answers
2 April 2021
Last seen in: The Mirror Classic
We found 24 answers for the crossword clue 'Grain', the most recent of which was seen in the The Mirror Classic.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Grain a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Grain as an answer itself some 158 times.
Grain is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Mirror Classic' on Wednesday, 03 March 2021 with the answer being OATS, we also found OATS to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Mirror Classic - 3 Mar 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 9 Feb 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 27 Jan 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 25 Jan 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 10 Jan 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 2 Jan 2021
- The Guardian Quick - 28 Dec 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 16 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 11 Dec 2020
- The Mirror Classic - 5 Dec 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Grain', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Grain' and give you a hint.
- The smallest possible unit of anything; "there was a grain of truth in what he said"; "he does not have a grain of sense"
- The physical composition of something (especially with respect to the size and shape of the small constituents of a substance); "breadfruit has the same texture as bread"; "sand of a fine grain"; "fish with a delicate flavor and texture"; "a stone of coarse grain"
- The direction, texture, or pattern of fibers found in wood or leather or stone or in a woven fabric; "saw the board across the grain"
- Foodstuff prepared from the starchy grains of cereal grasses
- A relatively small granular particle of a substance; "a grain of sand"; "a grain of sugar"
- Form into grains
- 1/7000 pound; equals a troy grain or 64.799 milligrams
- A cereal grass; "wheat is a grain that is grown in Kansas"
- A weight unit used for pearls or diamonds: 50 mg or 1/4 carat
- Dry seed-like fruit produced by the cereal grasses: e.g. wheat, barley, Indian corn
- 1/60 dram; equals an avoirdupois grain or 64.799 milligrams
- The side of leather from which the hair has been removed
- Become granular
- Paint (a surface) to make it look like stone or wood
- Thoroughly work in; "His hands were grained with dirt"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Grain'.
Seed of the annual grass Avena sativa (spoken of primarily in the plural as `oats')
Whiskey distilled from rye or rye and malt
Something sentimental or trite; "that movie was pure corn"
The 9th letter of the Greek alphabet
The thick white fluid containing spermatozoa that is ejaculated by the male genital tract
A cylindrical tower used for storing silage
Grain intended to be or that has been ground
A strong yellow color
A variable yellow tint; dull yellow, often diluted with white
A grain of barley
A breakfast food prepared from grain
The choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
Small seed of any of various annual cereal grasses especially Setaria italica
Produce or try to produce a vivid impression of; "Mother tried to ingrain respect for our elders in us"
The musical pattern created by parts being played or sung together; "then another melodic line is added to the texture"
The airfoil on the tailplane of an aircraft that makes it ascend or descend
Dry seed-like fruit produced by the cereal grasses: e.g. wheat, barley, Indian corn
Foodstuff prepared from the starchy grains of cereal grasses
Form into grains
A tiny or scarcely detectable amount
A weight unit used for pearls or diamonds: 50 mg or 1/4 carat
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Grain . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.