Crossword Clue & Answers
25 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 6 answers for the crossword clue 'Get', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Get a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Get as an answer itself some 258 times.
Get is a single word clue made up of 3 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Tuesday, 02 November 2021 with the answer being OBTAIN, we also found OBTAIN to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 2 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 20 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 8 Jun 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 3 May 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 30 Apr 2021
- The New York Times Crossword - 15 Apr 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 4 Nov 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 10 Jun 2020
- The Guardian Quick - 23 May 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 1 Feb 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Get', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Get' and give you a hint.
- A return on a shot that seemed impossible to reach and would normally have resulted in a point for the opponent
- Cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition; "He got his squad on the ball"; "This let me in for a big surprise"; "He got a girl into trouble"
- Enter or assume a certain state or condition; "He became annoyed when he heard the bad news"; "It must be getting more serious"; "her face went red with anger"; "She went into ecstasy"; "Get going!"
- Cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner; "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"; "My children finally got me to buy a computer"; "My wife made me buy a new sofa"
- Communicate with a place or person; establish communication with, as if by telephone; "Bill called this number and he got Mary"; "The operator couldn't get Kobe because of the earthquake"
- Succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase; "We finally got the suspect"; "Did you catch the thief?"
- Reach with a blow or hit in a particular spot; "the rock caught her in the back of the head"; "The blow got him in the back"; "The punch caught him in the stomach"
- Go or come after and bring or take back; "Get me those books over there, please"; "Could you bring the wine?"; "The dog fetched the hat"
- Attract and fix; "His look caught her"; "She caught his eye"; "Catch the attention of the waiter"
- Overcome or destroy; "The ice storm got my hibiscus"; "the cat got the goldfish"
- Reach and board; "She got the bus just as it was leaving"
- Go through (mental or physical states or experiences); "get an idea"; "experience vertigo"; "get nauseous"; "receive injuries"; "have a feeling"
- Perceive by hearing; "I didn't catch your name"; "She didn't get his name when they met the first time"
- Take the first step or steps in carrying out an action; "We began working at dawn"; "Who will start?"; "Get working as soon as the sun rises!"; "The first tourists began to arrive in Cambodia"; "He began early in the day"; "Let's get down to work now"
- Irritate; "Her childish behavior really get to me"; "His lying really gets me"
- Receive as a retribution or punishment; "He got 5 years in prison"
- Suffer from the receipt of; "She will catch hell for this behavior!"
- Purchase; "What did you get at the toy store?"
- Achieve a point or goal; "Nicklaus had a 70"; "The Brazilian team got 4 goals"; "She made 29 points that day"
- Acquire as a result of some effort or action; "You cannot get water out of a stone"; "Where did she get these news?"
- Make children; "Abraham begot Isaac"; "Men often father children but don't recognize them"
- Undergo (as of injuries and illnesses); "She suffered a fracture in the accident"; "He had an insulin shock after eating three candy bars"; "She got a bruise on her leg"; "He got his arm broken in the scuffle"
- Be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness; "He got AIDS"; "She came down with pneumonia"; "She took a chill"
- Be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
- Reach by calculation; "What do you get when you add up these numbers?"
- Move into a desired direction of discourse; "What are you driving at?"
- Earn or achieve a base by being walked by the pitcher; "He drew a base on balls"
- Apprehend and reproduce accurately; "She really caught the spirit of the place in her drawings"; "She got the mood just right in her photographs"
- Come into the possession of something concrete or abstract; "She got a lot of paintings from her uncle"; "They acquired a new pet"; "Get your results the next day"; "Get permission to take a few days off from work"
- Come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes); "He grew a beard"; "The patient developed abdominal pains"; "I got funny spots all over my body"; "Well-developed breasts"
- Give certain properties to something; "get someone mad"; "She made us look silly"; "He made a fool of himself at the meeting"; "Don't make this into a big deal"; "This invention will make you a millionaire"; "Make yourself clear"
- Receive a specified treatment (abstract); "These aspects of civilization do not find expression or receive an interpretation"; "His movie received a good review"; "I got nothing but trouble for my good intentions"
- Grasp with the mind or develop an understanding of; "did you catch that allusion?"; "We caught something of his theory in the lecture"; "don't catch your meaning"; "did you get it?"; "She didn't get the joke"; "I just don't get him"
- Take vengeance on or get even; "We'll get them!"; "That'll fix him good!"; "This time I got him"
- Evoke an emotional response; "Brahms's `Requiem' gets me every time"
- Reach a destination; arrive by movement or progress; "She arrived home at 7 o'clock"; "She didn't get to Chicago until after midnight"
- Leave immediately; used usually in the imperative form; "Scram!"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Get'.
- teg Two-year-old sheep
Get the meaning of something; "Do you comprehend the meaning of this letter?"
The act of grasping; "he released his clasp on my arm"; "he has a strong grip for an old man"; "she kept a firm hold on the railing"
Be valid, applicable, or true; "This theory still holds"
Win something through one's efforts; "I acquired a passing knowledge of Chinese"; "Gain an understanding of international finance"
Go through (mental or physical states or experiences); "get an idea"; "experience vertigo"; "get nauseous"; "receive injuries"; "have a feeling"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Get . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.