Crossword Clue & Answers
26 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 24 answers for the crossword clue 'Game', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Game a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Game as an answer itself some 260 times.
Game is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Friday, 03 December 2021 with the answer being HIDEANDSEEK, but the most popular answer for this clue is MATCH.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 3 Dec 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 29 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 26 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 24 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 27 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 20 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 13 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 16 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 4 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 14 May 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Game', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Game' and give you a hint.
- An amusement or pastime; "they played word games"; "he thought of his painting as a game that filled his empty time"; "his life was all fun and games"
- A contest with rules to determine a winner; "you need four people to play this game"
- A single play of a sport or other contest; "the game lasted two hours"
- Your occupation or line of work; "he's in the plumbing game"; "she's in show biz"
- Frivolous or trifling behavior; "for actors, memorizing lines is no game"; "for him, life is all fun and games"
- Animal hunted for food or sport
- A secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal); "they concocted a plot to discredit the governor"; "I saw through his little game from the start"
- The flesh of wild animals that is used for food
- (games) the score at a particular point or the score needed to win; "the game is 6 all"; "he is serving for the game"
- (tennis) a division of play during which one player serves
- Place a bet on; "Which horse are you backing?"; "I'm betting on the new horse"
- Disabled in the feet or legs; "a crippled soldier"; "a game leg"
- Willing to face danger
- The game equipment needed in order to play a particular game; "the child received several games for his birthday"
We found 2 anagrams for the word 'Game'.
A game played on a large open course with 9 or 18 holes; the object is use as few strokes as possible in playing all the holes
Animal hunted or caught for food
A board game for two players who move their 16 pieces according to specific rules; the object is to checkmate the opponent's king
An exact duplicate; "when a match is found an entry is made in the notebook"
Someone who engages in sports
Marked by courage and determination in the face of difficulties or danger; robust and uninhibited; "you have to admire her; it was a gutsy thing to do"; "the gutsy...intensity of her musical involvement"-Judith Crist; "a gutsy red wine"
A game played with rackets by two or four players who hit a ball back and forth over a net that divides the court
A struggle between rivals
A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court; the ball must be served again
The act of making a choice; "followed my father of my own volition"
A card game (usually for two players) in which each player is dealt six cards and discards one or two
A checkerboard game for two players who each have 12 pieces; the object is to jump over and so capture the opponent's pieces
A town in western Wisconsin on the Mississippi River
A game played on a court with light long-handled rackets used to volley a shuttlecock over a net
A board game for two players; pieces move according to throws of the dice
A game in which players try to flip plastic disks into a cup by pressing them on the side sharply with a larger disk
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Game . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.