Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
11 January 2021
Last seen in: The Sun Cryptic
We found 8 answers for the crossword clue 'Foreign', the most recent of which was seen in the The Sun Cryptic.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Foreign a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Foreign as an answer itself some 47 times.
Foreign is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Sun Cryptic' on Monday, 26 October 2020 with the answer being EXOTIC, but the most popular answer for this clue is ALIEN.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Sun Cryptic - 26 Oct 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 14 Oct 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 15 Sep 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 10 Aug 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 25 Jun 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 20 Apr 2020
- The Guardian Quick - 4 Nov 2019
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Foreign', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Foreign' and give you a hint.
- Relating to or originating in or characteristic of another place or part of the world; "foreign nations"; "a foreign accent"; "on business in a foreign city"
- Of concern to or concerning the affairs of other nations (other than your own); "foreign trade"; "a foreign office"
- Not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something; "an economic theory alien to the spirit of capitalism"; "the mysticism so foreign to the French mind and temper"; "jealousy is foreign to her nature"
- Not belonging to that in which it is contained; introduced from an outside source; "water free of extraneous matter"; "foreign particles in milk"
The work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something; "no medical care was required"; "the old car needs constant attention"
A piece of furniture with a writing surface and usually drawers or other compartments
Anyone who does not belong in the environment in which they are found
Being or from or characteristic of another place or part of the world; "alien customs"; "exotic plants in a greenhouse"; "exotic cuisine"
Transactions of professional or public interest; "news of current affairs"; "great affairs of state"
Not known before; "used many strange words"; "saw many strange faces in the crowd"; "don't let anyone unknown into the house"
Not pertinent to the matter under consideration; "an issue extraneous to the debate"; "the price was immaterial"; "mentioned several impertinent facts before finally coming to the point"
Not known or well known; "a name unfamiliar to most"; "be alert at night especially in unfamiliar surroundings"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Foreign . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.