Crossword Clue & Answers
29 November 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 3 answers for the crossword clue 'Fondle', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Fondle a popularity rating of 'Common' because it has featured in a number crossword publications.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Fondle as an answer itself some 18 times.
Fondle is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Friday, 26 November 2021 with the answer being CARESS, we also found CARESS to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 26 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 5 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Feb 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 29 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 13 Oct 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 26 Aug 2020
- The Guardian Quick - 3 Jul 2019
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Fondle', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Fondle' and give you a hint.
- Touch or stroke lightly in a loving or endearing manner; "He caressed her face"; "They fondled in the back seat of the taxi"
We found 2 anagrams for the word 'Fondle'.
- enfold Enclose or enfold completely with or as if with a covering; "Fog enveloped the house"
A domesticated animal kept for companionship or amusement
A gentle affectionate stroking (or something resembling it); "he showered her with caresses"; "soft music was a fond caress"; "the caresses of the breeze played over his face"
Treat with excessive indulgence; "grandparents often pamper the children"; "Let's not mollycoddle our students!"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Fondle . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.