Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
7 January 2021
Last seen in: The Mirror Classic
We found 4 answers for the crossword clue 'Fold', the most recent of which was seen in the The Mirror Classic.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Fold a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Fold as an answer itself some 101 times.
Fold is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Mirror Classic' on Wednesday, 20 January 2021 with the answer being CREASE, we also found CREASE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Mirror Classic - 20 Jan 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 29 Sep 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 8 Jul 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 9 Jan 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 6 Jan 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 22 Dec 2019
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Fold', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Fold' and give you a hint.
- The act of folding; "he gave the napkins a double fold"
- A pen for sheep
- A folded part (as in skin or muscle)
- A group of people who adhere to a common faith and habitually attend a given church
- A geological process that causes a bend in a stratum of rock
- Incorporate a food ingredient into a mixture by repeatedly turning it over without stirring or beating; "Fold the egg whites into the batter"
- An angular or rounded shape made by folding; "a fold in the napkin"; "a crease in his trousers"; "a plication on her blouse"; "a flexure of the colon"; "a bend of his elbow"
- Confine in a fold, like sheep
- Become folded or folded up; "The bed folds in a jiffy"
- Bend or lay so that one part covers the other; "fold up the newspaper"; "turn up your collar"
- Cease to operate or cause to cease operating; "The owners decided to move and to close the factory"; "My business closes every night at 8 P.M."; "close up the shop"
- A group of sheep or goats
A straight sword with a narrow blade and two edges
Pleat or gather into a ruffle; "ruffle the curtain fabric"
A Malayan dagger with a wavy blade
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Fold . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.