Crossword Clue & Answers
9 September 2021
Last seen in: The Sun Cryptic
We found 5 answers for the crossword clue 'Flightless bird', the most recent of which was seen in the The Sun Cryptic.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Flightless bird a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
Flightless bird is a 2 word phrase featuring 15 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Sun Cryptic' on Thursday, 09 September 2021 with the answer being EMU, we also found EMU to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Sun Cryptic - 9 Sep 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 15 Jul 2021
- The Daily Mail Smallest Hardest - 15 May 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 8 May 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 5 Apr 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 31 Mar 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 15 Mar 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 14 Mar 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 9 Mar 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 17 Feb 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Flightless bird', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Flightless bird' and give you a hint.
- Flightless birds having flat breastbones lacking a keel for attachment of flight muscles: ostriches; cassowaries; emus; moas; rheas; kiwis; elephant birds
Large Australian flightless bird similar to the ostrich but smaller
Nocturnal flightless bird of New Zealand having a long neck and stout legs; only surviving representative of the order Apterygiformes
Smaller of two tall fast-running flightless birds similar to ostriches but three-toed; found from Peru to Strait of Magellan
Fast-running African flightless bird with two-toed feet; largest living bird
Short-legged flightless birds of cold southern especially Antarctic regions having webbed feet and wings modified as flippers
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Flightless bird . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.