Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
17 October 2020 Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We have 10 answers for the crossword clue Fish
. We last saw the 'Fish' clue in Evening Standard Quick Crossword on Thursday, 22 October 2020.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Fish', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Fish' and give you a hint.
- Any of various mostly cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates usually having scales and breathing through gills; "the shark is a large fish"; "in the living room there was a tank of colorful fish"
- The flesh of fish used as food; "in Japan most fish is eaten raw"; "after the scare about foot-and-mouth disease a lot of people started eating fish instead of meat"; "they have a chef who specializes in fish"
- The twelfth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about February 19 to March 20
- (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Pisces
- Seek indirectly; "fish for compliments"
- Catch or try to catch fish or shellfish; "I like to go fishing on weekends"
Lean white flesh of important North Atlantic food fish; usually baked or poached
Voracious snakelike marine or freshwater fishes with smooth slimy usually scaleless skin and having a continuous vertical fin but no ventral fins
English dramatist noted for his comic verse dramas (born 1907)
Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body
A biased way of looking at or presenting something
Small herring processed like a sardine
Bottom dwelling marine warm water fishes with two barbels on the chin
A pale pinkish orange color
Small fishes found in great schools along coasts of Europe; smaller and rounder than herring
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Fish. If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.
Sign In or Register to post a new answer.