Crossword Clue & Answers
29 November 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 21 answers for the crossword clue 'Fighting', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Fighting a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Fighting as an answer itself some 35 times.
Fighting is a single word clue made up of 8 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Friday, 12 November 2021 with the answer being WAR, we also found WAR to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 12 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 28 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 21 May 2021
- The New York Times Crossword - 16 May 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 3 May 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 7 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 25 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 3 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 24 Aug 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Fighting', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Fighting' and give you a hint.
- The act of fighting; any contest or struggle; "a fight broke out at the hockey game"; "there was fighting in the streets"; "the unhappy couple got into a terrible scrap"
- Engaged in or ready for military or naval operations; "on active duty"; "the platoon is combat-ready"; "review the fighting forces"
The waging of armed conflict against an enemy; "thousands of people were killed in the war"
A person who is opposed (to an action or policy or practice etc.); "the antis smelled victory after a long battle"
Make a strenuous or labored effort; "She struggled for years to survive without welfare"; "He fought for breath"
The Celtic language of Ireland
A small piece of something that is left over after the rest has been used; "she jotted it on a scrap of paper"; "there was not a scrap left"
Chemical agent capable of activity
In disagreement; "the figures are at odds with our findings"; "contradictory attributes of unjust justice and loving vindictiveness"- John Morley
An engagement fought between two military forces
Bitter conflict; heated often violent dissension
Noisy and lacking in restraint or discipline; "a boisterous crowd"; "a social gathering that became rambunctious and out of hand"; "a robustious group of teenagers"; "beneath the rumbustious surface of his paintings is sympathy for the vulnerability of ordinary human beings"; "an unruly class"
Not belonging to your own country's forces or those of an ally; "hostile naval and air forces"
An open clash between two opposing groups (or individuals); "the harder the conflict the more glorious the triumph"--Thomas Paine; "police tried to control the battle between the pro- and anti-abortion mobs"
The state of being inactive
Characterized by active hostility; "opponent (or opposing) armies"
Engaged in a struggle to overcome especially poverty or obscurity; "a financially struggling theater"; "struggling artists"
Fighting; acts of overt warfare; "the outbreak of hostilities"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Fighting . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.