Crossword Clue & Answers
27 February 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 7 answers for the crossword clue 'Employed', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Employed a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Employed as an answer itself some 20 times.
Employed is a single word clue made up of 8 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Thursday, 04 March 2021 with the answer being USED, we also found USED to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 4 Mar 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 1 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 29 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Dec 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 15 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 24 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 12 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 28 Oct 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Sep 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Employed', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Employed' and give you a hint.
- Having your services engaged for; or having a job especially one that pays wages or a salary; "most of our graduates are employed"
- Put to use
Crowded with or characterized by much activity; "a very busy week"; "a busy life"; "a busy street"; "a busy seaport"
Of persons; taken advantage of; "after going out of his way to help his friend get the job he felt not appreciated but used"
Hired for the exclusive temporary use of a group of travelers; "a chartered plane"; "the chartered buses arrived on time"
(of facilities such as telephones or lavatories) unavailable for use by anyone else or indicating unavailability; (`engaged' is a British term for a busy telephone line); "her line is busy"; "receptionists' telephones are always engaged"; "the lavatory is in use"; "kept getting a busy signal"
A mine or quarry that is being or has been worked
Put to use
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Employed . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.