Crossword Clue & Answers
26 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 2 answers for the crossword clue 'Edit', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Edit a popularity rating of 'Common' because it has featured in a number crossword publications.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Edit as an answer itself some 723 times.
Edit is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Friday, 26 November 2021 with the answer being REVISE, we also found REVISE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 26 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 11 Aug 2021
- The Guardian Quick - 20 May 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Edit', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Edit' and give you a hint.
- Prepare for publication or presentation by correcting, revising, or adapting; "Edit a book on lexical semantics"; "she edited the letters of the politician so as to omit the most personal passages"
- Cut or eliminate; "she edited the juiciest scenes"
- Cut and assemble the components of; "edit film"; "cut recording tape"
- Supervise the publication of; "The same family has been editing the influential newspaper for almost 100 years"
We found 4 anagrams for the word 'Edit'.
- diet The usual food and drink consumed by an organism (person or animal)
- tide Something that may increase or decrease (like the tides of the sea); "a rising tide of popular interest"
- tied Bound or secured closely; "the guard was found trussed up with his arms and legs securely tied"; "a trussed chicken"
Make improvements or corrections to; "the text was emended in the second edition"
The act of rewriting something
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Edit . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.