Crossword Clue & Answers
7 August 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 45 answers for the crossword clue 'Edge', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Edge a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Edge as an answer itself some 565 times.
Edge is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Wednesday, 04 August 2021 with the answer being BRINK, but the most popular answer for this clue is RIM.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 4 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 21 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 16 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 14 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 5 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 5 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 16 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 8 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 17 May 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 7 May 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Edge', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Edge' and give you a hint.
- A sharp side formed by the intersection of two surfaces of an object; "he rounded the edges of the box"
- The outside limit of an object or area or surface; a place farthest away from the center of something; "the edge of the leaf is wavy"; "she sat on the edge of the bed"; "the water's edge"
- The boundary of a surface
- Lie adjacent to another or share a boundary; "Canada adjoins the U.S."; "England marches with Scotland"
- A line determining the limits of an area
- Provide with an edge; "edge a blade"
- Provide with a border or edge; "edge the tablecloth with embroidery"
- A slight competitive advantage; "he had an edge on the competition"
- The attribute of urgency in tone of voice; "his voice had an edge to it"
- Advance slowly, as if by inches; "He edged towards the car"
The edge of a piece of cloth; especially the finished edge that has been doubled under and stitched down; "the hem of her dress was stained"; "let down the hem"; "he stitched weights into the curtain's hem"; "it seeped along the hem of his jacket"
Either the outer margin or the inner margin of the aperture of a gastropod's shell
A tart spicy quality
The top edge of a vessel or other container
Lie adjacent to another or share a boundary; "Canada adjoins the U.S."; "England marches with Scotland"
A portion removed from the whole; "the government's weekly bite from my paycheck"
A circular projection that sticks outward from the crown of a hat
Thick end of the handle
Point formed by two intersecting arcs (as from the intrados of a Gothic arch)
A whetstone made of fine gritstone; used for sharpening razors
A unit of measurement for advertising space
An extended outer surface of an object; "he turned the box over to examine the bottom side"; "they painted all four sides of the house"
Cutting down to the desired size or shape
A light, self-propelled movement upwards or forwards
The limit beyond which something happens or changes; "on the verge of tears"; "on the brink of bankruptcy"
The greatest possible degree of something; "what he did was beyond the bounds of acceptable behavior"; "to the limit of his ability"
The act of marching; walking with regular steps (especially in a procession of some kind); "it was a long march"; "we heard the sound of marching"
(Fungi) a remnant of the partial veil that in mature mushrooms surrounds the stem like a collar
A grass border along a road
Attach or add; "I adjoin a copy of your my lawyer's letter"
A strip forming the outer edge of something; "the rug had a wide blue border"
A round fastener sewn to shirts and coats etc to fit through buttonholes
A projection used for strength or for attaching to another object
An ornamental border consisting of short lengths of hanging threads or tassels
A permissible difference; allowing some freedom to move within limits
Beat out a rhythm
The act of diluting something; "the cutting of whiskey with water"; "the thinning of paint with turpentine"
Recognize or detect by or as if by smelling; "He can smell out trouble"
Make crisp or more crisp and precise; "We had to sharpen our arguments"
The quality of having a superior or more favorable position; "the experience gave him the advantage over me"
The line or plane indicating the limit or extent of something
Something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress
Thinness of edge or fineness of point
A part of the city far removed from the center; "they built a factory on the outskirts of the city"
Benefit resulting from some event or action; "it turned out to my advantage"; "reaping the rewards of generosity"
The size of something as given by the distance around it
The outside boundary or surface of something
A very steep cliff
Harshness of manner
The sill of a door; a horizontal piece of wood or stone that forms the bottom of a doorway and offers support when passing through a doorway
A line that indicates a boundary
Collide violently with an obstacle; "I ran into the telephone pole"
The quality of being superior
Capacity to produce strong physiological or chemical effects; "the toxin's potency"; "the strength of the drinks"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Edge . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.