Crossword Clue & Answers
26 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 7 answers for the crossword clue 'Eat', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Eat a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Eat as an answer itself some 636 times.
Eat is a single word clue made up of 3 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Thursday, 25 November 2021 with the answer being DINE, we also found DINE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 25 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 16 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 29 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 15 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 30 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 26 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 7 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 20 Apr 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Eat', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Eat' and give you a hint.
- Take in solid food; "She was eating a banana"; "What did you eat for dinner last night?"
- Cause to deteriorate due to the action of water, air, or an acid; "The acid corroded the metal"; "The steady dripping of water rusted the metal stopper in the sink"
- Take in food; used of animals only; "This dog doesn't eat certain kinds of meat"; "What do whales eat?"
- Worry or cause anxiety in a persistent way; "What's eating you?"
- Use up (resources or materials); "this car consumes a lot of gas"; "We exhausted our savings"; "They run through 20 bottles of wine a week"
- Eat a meal; take a meal; "We did not eat until 10 P.M. because there were so many phone calls"; "I didn't eat yet, so I gladly accept your invitation"
We found 4 anagrams for the word 'Eat'.
- ate Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment
- eta The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet
- tea A light midafternoon meal of tea and sandwiches or cakes; "an Englishman would interrupt a war to have his afternoon tea"
Have supper; eat dinner; "We often dine with friends in this restaurant"
Become ground down or deteriorate; "Her confidence eroded"
A person who possesses great material wealth
Eat a snack; eat lightly; "She never loses weight because she snacks between meals"
Eat greedily; "he devoured three sandwiches"
Serve oneself to, or consume regularly; "Have another bowl of chicken soup!"; "I don't take sugar in my coffee"
Engage fully; "The effort to pass the exam consumed all his energy"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Eat . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.