Crossword Clue & Answers
5 December 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 8 answers for the crossword clue 'Dig', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Dig a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Dig as an answer itself some 210 times.
Dig is a single word clue made up of 3 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Friday, 03 September 2021 with the answer being MINE, but the most popular answer for this clue is DELVE.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 3 Sep 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 14 Apr 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 19 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 3 Dec 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 24 Jul 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 12 Dec 2019
- The New York Times Crossword - 30 May 2018
- The New York Times Crossword - 16 Sep 2017
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Dig', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Dig' and give you a hint.
- The act of touching someone suddenly with your finger or elbow; "she gave me a sharp dig in the ribs"
- The act of digging; "there's an interesting excavation going on near Princeton"
- A small gouge (as in the cover of a book); "the book was in good condition except for a dig in the back cover"
- An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect; "his parting shot was `drop dead'"; "she threw shafts of sarcasm"; "she takes a dig at me every chance she gets"
- The site of an archeological exploration; "they set up camp next to the dig"
- Get the meaning of something; "Do you comprehend the meaning of this letter?"
- Remove, harvest, or recover by digging; "dig salt"; "dig coal"
- Work hard; "She was digging away at her math homework"; "Lexicographers drudge all day long"
- Poke or thrust abruptly; "he jabbed his finger into her ribs"
- Turn up, loosen, or remove earth; "Dig we must"; "turn over the soil for aeration"
- Create by digging; "dig a hole"; "dig out a channel"
- Remove the inner part or the core of; "the mining company wants to excavate the hillside"
- Thrust down or into; "dig the oars into the water"; "dig your foot into the floor"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Dig'.
An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect; "his parting shot was `drop dead'"; "she threw shafts of sarcasm"; "she takes a dig at me every chance she gets"
Excavation in the earth from which ores and minerals are extracted
Turn up, loosen, or remove earth; "Dig we must"; "turn over the soil for aeration"
A gunshot from a concealed location
Aggravation by deriding or mocking or criticizing
A hole made by an animal, usually for shelter
Find by digging in the ground; "I dug up an old box in the garden"
The act of extracting ores or coal etc from the earth
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Dig . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.