Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
17 September 2020 The Daily Mail Quick
We have 23 answers for the crossword clue Dense
. We last saw the 'Dense' clue in The Daily Mail Quick on Saturday, 01 September 2018.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Dense', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Dense' and give you a hint.
- Slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity; "so dense he never understands anything I say to him"; "never met anyone quite so dim"; "although dull at classical learning, at mathematics he was uncommonly quick"- Thackeray; "dumb officials make some really dumb decisions"; "he was either normally stupid or being deliberately obtuse"; "worked with the slow students"
- Having high relative density or specific gravity; "dense as lead"
- Hard to pass through because of dense growth; "dense vegetation"; "thick woods"
- Permitting little if any light to pass through because of denseness of matter; "dense smoke"; "heavy fog"; "impenetrable gloom"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Dense'.
- In such a manner as could not be otherwise; "it is necessarily so"; "we must needs by objective"
Become dim or lusterless; "the lights dimmed and the curtain rose"
Make less lively or vigorous; "Middle age dulled her appetite for travel"
Unable to speak because of hereditary deafness
(of business) not active or brisk; "business is dull (or slow)"; "a sluggish market"
The concluding part of any performance
A serious (or tragic) role in a play
In such a manner as could not be otherwise; "it is necessarily so"; "we must needs by objective"
Of the same color throughout; "solid color"
The location of something surrounded by other things; "in the midst of the crowd"
Slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity; "so dense he never understands anything I say to him"; "never met anyone quite so dim"; "although dull at classical learning, at mathematics he was uncommonly quick"- Thackeray; "dumb officials make some really dumb decisions"; "he was either normally stupid or being deliberately obtuse"; "worked with the slow students"
In a state of mental numbness especially as resulting from shock; "he had a dazed expression on his face"; "lay semiconscious, stunned (or stupefied) by the blow"; "was stupid from fatigue"
A small cosmetics case with a mirror; to be carried in a woman's purse
A conceptual whole made up of complicated and related parts; "the complex of shopping malls, houses, and roads created a new town"
Overfilled or compacted or concentrated; "a crowded theater"; "a crowded program"; "crowded trains"; "a young mother's crowded days"
Heavy and dull and stupid
Abounding in usually unwanted vegetation
Flattened laterally along the whole length (e.g., certain leafstalks or flatfishes)
(used informally) stupid
(used informally) stupid
Gathered together or made less diffuse; "their concentrated efforts"; "his concentrated attention"; "concentrated study"; "a narrow thread of concentrated ore"
Not admitting of penetration or passage into or through; "an impenetrable fortress"; "impenetrable rain forests"
Lacking intelligence; "a dull job with lazy and unintelligent co-workers"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Dense. If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.
Sign In or Register to post a new answer.