Crossword Clue & Answers
9 August 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 6 answers for the crossword clue 'Deficit', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Deficit a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Deficit as an answer itself some 47 times.
Deficit is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Thursday, 19 August 2021 with the answer being LOSS, but the most popular answer for this clue is SHORTFALL.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 19 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 9 Jun 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 10 Aug 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 9 Mar 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 30 Sep 2019
- The Guardian Speedy - 12 Nov 2017
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Deficit', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Deficit' and give you a hint.
- (sports) the score by which a team or individual is losing
- A deficiency or failure in neurological or mental functioning; "the people concerned have a deficit in verbal memory"; "they have serious linguistic deficits"
- An excess of liabilities over assets (usually over a certain period); "last year there was a serious budgetary deficit"
- The property of being an amount by which something is less than expected or required; "new blood vessels bud out from the already dilated vascular bed to make up the nutritional deficit"
An act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account"
Be without; "This soup lacks salt"; "There is something missing in my jewelry box!"
The act of losing someone or something; "everyone expected him to win so his loss was a shock"
The amount by which the cost of a business exceeds its revenue; "the company operated at a loss last year"; "the company operated in the red last year"
An acute insufficiency
The property of being an amount by which something is less than expected or required; "new blood vessels bud out from the already dilated vascular bed to make up the nutritional deficit"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Deficit . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.