Crossword Clue & Answers
26 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 9 answers for the crossword clue 'Defective', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Defective a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Defective as an answer itself some 22 times.
Defective is a single word clue made up of 9 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Friday, 26 November 2021 with the answer being DUD, we also found DUD to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 26 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 23 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 12 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 4 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 13 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 4 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 20 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 15 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 6 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 31 Aug 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Defective', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Defective' and give you a hint.
- Markedly subnormal in structure or function or intelligence or behavior; "defective speech"
- Not working properly; "a bad telephone connection"; "a defective appliance"
- Having a defect; "I returned the appliance because it was defective"
That which is below standard or expectations as of ethics or decency; "take the bad with the good"
An event that fails badly or is totally ineffectual; "the first experiment was a real turkey"; "the meeting was a dud as far as new business was concerned"
Not continuous in space, time, or sequence or varying abruptly; "broken lines of defense"; "a broken cable transmission"; "broken sleep"; "tear off the stub above the broken line"; "a broken note"; "broken sobs"
Characterized by errors; not agreeing with a model or not following established rules; "he submitted a faulty report"; "an incorrect transcription"; the wrong side of the road"
Having a blemish or flaw; "a flawed diamond"; "an irregular pair of jeans"
Blemished by injury or rough wear; "the scarred piano bench"; "walls marred by graffiti"
Of e.g. advice
Mentally or physically unfit
A tense of verbs used in describing action that is on-going
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Defective . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.