Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
7 January 2021
Last seen in: The Mirror Classic
We found 3 answers for the crossword clue 'Deal', the most recent of which was seen in the The Mirror Classic.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Deal a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Deal as an answer itself some 366 times.
Deal is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Mirror Classic' on Thursday, 01 October 2020 with the answer being TRADE, we also found TRADE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Deal', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Deal' and give you a hint.
- The act of apportioning or distributing something; "the captain was entrusted with the deal of provisions"
- The act of distributing playing cards; "the deal was passed around the table clockwise"
- A particular instance of buying or selling; "it was a package deal"; "I had no further trade with him"; "he's a master of the business deal"
- The type of treatment received (especially as the result of an agreement); "he got a good deal on his car"
- The cards held in a card game by a given player at any given time; "I didn't hold a good hand all evening"; "he kept trying to see my hand"
- Wood that is easy to saw (from conifers such as pine or fir)
- A plank of softwood (fir or pine board)
- Distribute cards to the players in a game; "Who's dealing?"
- Give out as one's portion or share
- Administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"; "the machine dispenses soft drinks"
- Take action with respect to (someone or something); "How are we going to deal with this problem?"; "The teacher knew how to deal with these lazy students"
- Behave in a certain way towards others; "He deals fairly with his employees"
- Be in charge of, act on, or dispose of; "I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can't handle nuts"; "She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old"
- Direct the course of; manage or control; "You cannot conduct business like this"
- Take into consideration for exemplifying purposes; "Take the case of China"; "Consider the following case"
- Come to terms with; "We got by on just a gallon of gas"; "They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
- Act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
- Give (a specific card) to a player; "He dealt me the Queen of Spades"
- An agreement between parties (usually arrived at after discussion) fixing obligations of each; "he made a bargain with the devil"; "he rose to prominence through a series of shady deals"
- (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
- Do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood; "She deals in gold"; "The brothers sell shoes"
- Sell; "deal hashish"
We found 4 anagrams for the word 'Deal'.
- Dale An open river valley (in a hilly area)
- lade Fill or place a load on; "load a car"; "load the truck with hay"
- Lead The playing of a card to start a trick in bridge; "the lead was in the dummy"
- Leda (Greek mythology) a queen of Sparta who was raped by Zeus who had taken the form of a swan; Helen of Troy was conceived in the rape of Leda
Informal terms for nakedness; "in the raw"; "in the altogether"; "in his birthday suit"
A long cloak; worn by a priest or bishop on ceremonial occasions
The skilled practice of a practical occupation; "he learned his trade as an apprentice"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Deal . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.