Crossword Clue & Answers
26 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 19 answers for the crossword clue 'Cost', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Cost a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Cost as an answer itself some 148 times.
Cost is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Monday, 29 November 2021 with the answer being PRICE, we also found PRICE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 29 Nov 2021
- The Guardian Quick - 17 Jul 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 26 May 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 21 May 2021
- Irish Times Simplex Crossword - 4 May 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 23 Apr 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 18 Apr 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 8 Mar 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 18 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 9 Feb 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Cost', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Cost' and give you a hint.
- The property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold); "the fluctuating monetary value of gold and silver"; "he puts a high price on his services"; "he couldn't calculate the cost of the collection"
- Require to lose, suffer, or sacrifice; "This mistake cost him his job"
- The total spent for goods or services including money and time and labor
- Value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something; "the cost in human life was enormous"; "the price of success is hard work"; "what price glory?"
- Be priced at; "These shoes cost $100"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Cost'.
- Scot A native or inhabitant of Scotland
Spend or use time; "I may be an hour"
A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters
Give a tip or gratuity to in return for a service, beyond the compensation agreed on; "Remember to tip the waiter"; "fee the steward"
Extend or continue for a certain period of time; "The film runs 5 hours"
A short strip of material attached to or projecting from something in order to facilitate opening or identifying or handling it; "pull the tab to open the can"; "files with a red tab will be stored separately"; "the collar has a tab with a button hole"; "the filing cards were organized by cards having indexed tabs"
The sound of a bell being struck; "saved by the bell"; "she heard the distant toll of church bells"
Have a fancy or particular liking or desire for; "She fancied a necklace that she had seen in the jeweler's window"
The high value or worth of something; "her price is far above rubies"
Move quickly and violently; "The car tore down the street"; "He came charging into my office"
Any harm or injury resulting from a violation of a legal right
The act of spending or disbursing money
A detriment or sacrifice; "at the expense of"
The act of punishing
A tag showing the price of the article it is attached to
The act of consuming something
Anything that is owed to someone else
The property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold); "the fluctuating monetary value of gold and silver"; "he puts a high price on his services"; "he couldn't calculate the cost of the collection"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Cost . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.