Crossword Clue & Answers
24 May 2021
Last seen in: The New York Times Crossword
We found 8 answers for the crossword clue 'Convince', the most recent of which was seen in the The New York Times Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Convince a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Convince as an answer itself some 32 times.
Convince is a single word clue made up of 8 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The New York Times Crossword' on Saturday, 22 May 2021 with the answer being SELL, but the most popular answer for this clue is PERSUADE.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The New York Times Crossword - 22 May 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 1 May 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 25 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 30 Dec 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 13 Sep 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 30 Jun 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 28 Jun 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 20 May 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 31 May 2018
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Convince', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Convince' and give you a hint.
- Make (someone) agree, understand, or realize the truth or validity of something; "He had finally convinced several customers of the advantages of his product"
The activity of persuading someone to buy; "it was a hard sell"
Pitching dangerously to one side
Be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "He verified that the valves were closed"; "See that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product"
Change in nature, purpose, or function; undergo a chemical change; "The substance converts to an acid"
Meet the requirements or expectations of
Make (someone) agree, understand, or realize the truth or validity of something; "He had finally convinced several customers of the advantages of his product"
Win approval or support for; "Carry all before one"; "His speech did not sway the voters"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Convince . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.