Crossword Clue & Answers
16 July 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 9 answers for the crossword clue 'continent', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given continent a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen continent as an answer itself some 47 times.
continent is a single word clue made up of 9 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Thursday, 22 July 2021 with the answer being ASIA, we also found ASIA to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 22 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 12 Jul 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 16 Jun 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 7 Jun 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 19 May 2021
- Irish Times Simplex Crossword - 28 Apr 2021
- Irish Times Simplex Crossword - 24 Apr 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 31 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 11 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 26 Nov 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'continent', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'continent' and give you a hint.
- One of the large landmasses of the earth; "there are seven continents"; "pioneers had to cross the continent on foot"
- Having control over urination and defecation
- Abstaining from sexual intercourse; "celibate priests"
- The European mainland; "Englishmen like to visit the Continent but they wouldn't like to live there"
Nazi militia created by Hitler in 1921 that helped him to power but was eclipsed by the SS after 1943
The nations of the Asian continent collectively
The second largest continent; located to the south of Europe and bordered to the west by the South Atlantic and to the east by the Indian Ocean
An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members; "he tried to take Britain into the Europen Union"
North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; achieved independence in 1776
An unmarried person who has taken a religious vow of chastity
The main land mass of a country or continent; as distinguished from an island or peninsula
An extremely cold continent at the south pole almost entirely below the Antarctic Circle; covered by an ice cap up to 13,000 feet deep; "Antarctica is twice the size of Australia"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for continent . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.