Crossword Clue & Answers
View Full SolutionAre you solving today's "Evening Standard Quick Crossword" crossword?
19 June 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 7 answers for the crossword clue 'Clever', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Clever a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Clever as an answer itself some 173 times.
Clever is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Wednesday, 23 June 2021 with the answer being BRAINY, we also found BRAINY to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 23 Jun 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 17 Jun 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 10 Apr 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 17 Nov 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 6 Nov 2020
- The Guardian Quick - 20 Oct 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 15 Jul 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 14 Nov 2018
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Clever', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Clever' and give you a hint.
- Showing self-interest and shrewdness in dealing with others; "a cagey lawyer"; "too clever to be sound"
- Showing inventiveness and skill; "a clever gadget"; "the cunning maneuvers leading to his success"; "an ingenious solution to the problem"
- Mentally quick and resourceful; "an apt pupil"; "you are a clever man...you reason well and your wit is bold"-Bram Stoker
Having inherent physical or mental ability or capacity; "able to learn"; "human beings are able to walk on two feet"; "Superman is able to leap tall buildings"
Obviously contrived to charm; "an insufferably precious performance"; "a child with intolerably cute mannerisms"
Having or marked by unusual and impressive intelligence; "some men dislike brainy women"; "a brilliant mind"; "a brilliant solution to the problem"
Full or promise; "had a bright future in publishing"; "the scandal threatened an abrupt end to a promising political career"; "a hopeful new singer on Broadway"
Happening by chance or unexpectedly or unintentionally ; "with an inadvertent gesture she swept the vase off the table"; "accidental poisoning"; "an accidental shooting"
Possessing sound knowledge; "well-informed readers"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Clever . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.