Crossword Clue & Answers
1 May 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 14 answers for the crossword clue 'Cleanse', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Cleanse a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Cleanse as an answer itself some 96 times.
Cleanse is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Thursday, 13 May 2021 with the answer being PURGE, we also found PURGE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 13 May 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 5 Mar 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 24 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 23 Dec 2020
- The Guardian Quick - 18 Apr 2020
- The Guardian Quick - 8 Feb 2019
- The New York Times Crossword - 16 Nov 2018
- The Guardian Speedy - 8 May 2016
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Cleanse', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Cleanse' and give you a hint.
- Clean one's body or parts thereof, as by washing; "clean up before you see your grandparents"; "clean your fingernails before dinner"
- Purge of an ideology, bad thoughts, or sins; "Purgatory is supposed to cleanse you from your sins"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Cleanse'.
- scalene Of or relating to any of the scalene muscles
Relieve from; "Rid the house of pests"
Wash one's face and hands; "She freshened up in the bathroom"
The work of cleansing (usually with soap and water)
The act of swimming; "the Englishman said he had a good bathe"
A weightlift in which the barbell is lifted to shoulder height and then jerked overhead
An abrupt or sudden removal of a person or group from an organization or place; "he died in a purge by Stalin"
Washing lightly without soap
The act of cleaning a surface by rubbing it with a brush and soap and water
Remove impurities from, increase the concentration of, and separate through the process of distillation; "purify the water"
Wipe away; to wash off or out, cleanse; chiefly in medical use: to clear away foul matter from the body; "This drug is powerful enough to deterge"
Convert illegally obtained funds into legal ones
Make less offensive or more acceptable by removing objectionable features; "sanitize a document before releasing it to the press"; "sanitize history"; "sanitize the language in a book"
Destroy microorganisms or pathogens by cleansing; "disinfect a wound"
Rid of contamination; "The soil around the housing development had to be decontaminated by the city"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Cleanse . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.