Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
11 January 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 4 answers for the crossword clue 'Certainly', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Certainly a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Certainly as an answer itself some 34 times.
Certainly is a single word clue made up of 9 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Tuesday, 12 January 2021 with the answer being OK, but the most popular answer for this clue is INDEED.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 12 Jan 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 9 Apr 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 28 Feb 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 5 Feb 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 15 Jan 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 11 Aug 2019
- The Daily Mail Quick - 5 Jun 2019
- The Daily Mail Quick - 22 Nov 2018
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Certainly', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Certainly' and give you a hint.
- Definitely or positively (`sure' is sometimes used informally for `surely'); "the results are surely encouraging"; "she certainly is a hard worker"; "it's going to be a good day for sure"; "they are coming, for certain"; "they thought he had been killed sure enough"; "he'll win sure as shooting"; "they sure smell good"; "sure he'll come"
An endorsement; "they gave us the O.K. to go ahead"
In truth (often tends to intensify); "they said the car would break down and indeed it did"; "it is very cold indeed"; "was indeed grateful"; "indeed, the rain may still come"; "he did so do it!"
Admittedly; "to be sure, he is no Einstein"
Definitely or certainly; "Visit us by all means"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Certainly . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.