Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
3 September 2020 The Daily Mail Quick
We have 26 answers for the crossword clue Broad
. We last saw the 'Broad' clue in The Daily Mail Quick on Thursday, 04 June 2020.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Broad', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Broad' and give you a hint.
- Slang term for a woman; "a broad is a woman who can throw a mean punch"
- Not detailed or specific; "a broad rule"; "the broad outlines of the plan"; "felt an unspecific dread"
- Having great (or a certain) extent from one side to the other; "wide roads"; "a wide necktie"; "wide margins"; "three feet wide"; "a river two miles broad"; "broad shoulders"; "a broad river"
- Broad in scope or content; "across-the-board pay increases"; "an all-embracing definition"; "blanket sanctions against human-rights violators"; "an invention with broad applications"; "a panoptic study of Soviet nationality"- T.G.Winner; "granted him wide powers"
- Being at a peak or culminating point; "broad daylight"; "full summer"
- Showing or characterized by broad-mindedness; "a broad political stance"; "generous and broad sympathies"; "a liberal newspaper"; "tolerant of his opponent's opinions"
- Lacking subtlety; obvious; "gave us a broad hint that it was time to leave"
- (of speech) heavily and noticeably regional; "a broad southern accent"
- Very large in expanse or scope; "a broad lawn"; "the wide plains"; "a spacious view"; "spacious skies"
We found 5 anagrams for the word 'Broad'.
- A flat piece of material designed for a special purpose; "he nailed boards across the windows"
- The basic unit of money on Sao Tome e Principe
A woman of refinement; "a chauffeur opened the door of the limousine for the grand lady"
Very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary (especially in size or scale); "an epic voyage"; "of heroic proportions"; "heroic sculpture"
Having the normally expected amount; "gives full measure"; "gives good measure"; "a good mile from here"
Unusually great in size or amount or degree or especially extent or scope; "huge government spending"; "huge country estates"; "huge popular demand for higher education"; "a huge wave"; "the Los Angeles aqueduct winds like an immense snake along the base of the mountains"; "immense numbers of birds"; "at vast (or immense) expense"; "the vast reaches of outer space"; "the vast accumulation of knowledge...which we call civilization"- W.R.Inge
(used of eyes) fully open or extended; "stared with wide eyes"
A flat piece of material designed for a special purpose; "he nailed boards across the windows"
A layer of lead surrounding the highly reactive core of a nuclear reactor
A fact about the whole (as opposed to particular); "he discussed the general but neglected the particular"
A person who favors an economic theory of laissez-faire and self-regulating markets
Including everything visible in one view; "a panoptic aerial photograph of the missile base"; "a panoptic stain used in microscopy"
(of buildings and rooms) having ample space; "a roomy but sparsely furnished apartment"; "a spacious ballroom"
The act of cleaning with a broom
Tolerant and forgiving under provocation; "our neighbor was very kind about the window our son broke"
Lacking subtlety; obvious; "gave us a broad hint that it was time to leave"
Marked by exaggerated feelings of euphoria and delusions of grandeur
Of agriculture; increasing productivity by using large areas with minimal outlay and labor; "producing wheat under extensive conditions"; "agriculture of the extensive type"
As from an altitude or distance; "a bird's-eye survey"; "a panoramic view"
Not detailed or specific; "a broad rule"; "the broad outlines of the plan"; "felt an unspecific dread"
Not caused by a specific agent; used also of staining in making microscope slides; "nonspecific enteritis"
Broad in scope or content; "across-the-board pay increases"; "an all-embracing definition"; "blanket sanctions against human-rights violators"; "an invention with broad applications"; "a panoptic study of Soviet nationality"- T.G.Winner; "granted him wide powers"
Including all; "we got a pay raise across the board"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Broad. If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.
Sign In or Register to post a new answer.