Crossword Clue & Answers
30 November 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 22 answers for the crossword clue 'Box', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Box a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Box as an answer itself some 116 times.
Box is a single word clue made up of 3 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Monday, 06 December 2021 with the answer being CARTON, but the most popular answer for this clue is SPAR.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 6 Dec 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 2 Dec 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 17 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 28 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 21 May 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 14 May 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 3 May 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 17 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 30 Mar 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 28 Mar 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Box', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Box' and give you a hint.
- A blow with the hand (usually on the ear); "I gave him a good box on the ear"
- A (usually rectangular) container; may have a lid; "he rummaged through a box of spare parts"
- Any one of several designated areas on a ball field where the batter or catcher or coaches are positioned; "the umpire warned the batter to stay in the batter's box"
- Separate partitioned area in a public place for a few people; "the sentry stayed in his box to avoid the cold"
- The driver's seat on a coach; "an armed guard sat in the box with the driver"
- The quantity contained in a box; "he gave her a box of chocolates"
- Evergreen shrubs or small trees
- Private area in a theater or grandstand where a small group can watch the performance; "the royal box was empty"
- Engage in a boxing match
- A rectangular drawing; "the flowchart contained many boxes"
- A predicament from which a skillful or graceful escape is impossible; "his lying got him into a tight corner"
- Hit with the fist; "I'll box your ears!"
- Put into a box; "box the gift, please"
A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy; "the family brought suit against the landlord"
Shackle that consists of a metal loop that can be locked around the wrist; usually used in pairs
Any of several small graceful hawks of the family Accipitridae having long pointed wings and feeding on insects and small animals
Balcony consisting of the forward section of a theater mezzanine
Furniture that is designed for sitting on; "there were not enough seats for all the guests"
Making the motions of attack and defense with the fists and arms; a part of training for a boxer
Furniture with drawers for keeping clothes
The quantity contained in a crate
A person who is older than you are
The quantity contained in a box; "he gave her a box of chocolates"
A box made of cardboard; opens by flaps on top
Box in which a corpse is buried or cremated
An interior angle formed by two meeting walls; "a piano was in one corner of the room"
A literary composition in the form of a conversation between two people; "he has read Plato's Dialogues in the original Greek"
Enclose in, or as if in, a case; "my feet were encased in mud"
A fastener that locks or closes
A special seat in a theater or grandstand box
Evergreen shrubs or small trees
A wrapped container
Metal container for storing dry foods such as tea or flour
Any object that can be used to hold things (especially a large metal boxlike object of standardized dimensions that can be loaded from one form of transport to another)
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Box . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.