Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
11 January 2021
Last seen in: The Mirror Quick
We found 22 answers for the crossword clue 'Bet', the most recent of which was seen in the The Mirror Quick.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Bet a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Bet as an answer itself some 252 times.
Bet is a single word clue made up of 3 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Mirror Quick' on Sunday, 29 November 2020 with the answer being WAGER, we also found WAGER to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Mirror Quick - 29 Nov 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 1 Oct 2020
- USA Today - 29 Sep 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 23 Jun 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 28 Apr 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 11 Jun 2019
- The Daily Mail Quick - 9 Jan 2019
- The Guardian Quick - 7 Nov 2018
- The New York Times Crossword - 24 May 2018
- Irish Times Simplex Crossword - 22 Aug 2016
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Bet', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Bet' and give you a hint.
- The act of gambling; "he did it on a bet"
- The money risked on a gamble
- Maintain with or as if with a bet; "I bet she will be there!"
- Have faith or confidence in; "you can count on me to help you any time"; "Look to your friends for support"; "You can bet on that!"; "Depend on your family in times of crisis"
- Stake on the outcome of an issue; "I bet $100 on that new horse"; "She played all her money on the dark horse"
Place one's stake
Set down according to a plan:"a carefully laid table with places set for four people"; "stones laid in a pattern"
The feelings expressed on a person's face; "a sad expression"; "a look of triumph"; "an angry face"
The act using a sword (or other weapon) vigorously and skillfully
Have confidence or faith in; "We can trust in God"; "Rely on your friends"; "bank on your good education"; "I swear by my grandmother's recipes"
The probability of being exposed to an infectious agent
The act of counting; reciting numbers in ascending order; "the counting continued for several hours"
A strong wooden or metal post with a point at one end so it can be driven into the ground
The act of gambling; "he did it on a bet"
A risk involving danger; "you take a chance when you let her drive"
Be contingent upon (something that is elided); "That depends"
Play games for money
Expect, believe, or suppose; "I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"; "I thought to find her in a bad state"; "he didn't think to find her in the kitchen"; "I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"
The money risked on a gamble
The act of moving back and forth
Any venturesome undertaking especially one with an uncertain outcome
Predict in advance
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Bet . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.