Crossword Clue & Answers
25 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 19 answers for the crossword clue 'before', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given before a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen before as an answer itself some 86 times.
before is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Tuesday, 09 November 2021 with the answer being UNTIL, but the most popular answer for this clue is ERE.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 9 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 1 Nov 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 13 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 30 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 11 Aug 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 29 May 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 28 May 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 20 May 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 17 May 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 24 Apr 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'before', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'before' and give you a hint.
- Earlier in time; previously; "I had known her before"; "as I said before"; "he called me the day before but your call had come even earlier"; "her parents had died four years earlier"; "I mentioned that problem earlier"
- At or in the front; "I see the lights of a town ahead"; "the road ahead is foggy"; "staring straight ahead"; "we couldn't see over the heads of the people in front"; "with the cross of Jesus marching on before"
In the past; "long ago"; "sixty years ago my grandfather came to the U.S."
Place one's stake
Having the requisite qualities for; "equal to the task"; "the work isn't up to the standard I require"
Having the leading position or higher score in a contest; "he is ahead by a pawn"; "the leading team in the pennant race"
The head of a religious order; in an abbey the prior is next below the abbot
Comparatives of `soon' or `early'; "Come a little sooner, if you can"; "came earlier than I expected"
Prior to a specified or implied time; "she has already graduated"
Earlier in time; previously; "I had known her before"; "as I said before"; "he called me the day before but your call had come even earlier"; "her parents had died four years earlier"; "I mentioned that problem earlier"
At or in the front; "I see the lights of a town ahead"; "the road ahead is foggy"; "staring straight ahead"; "we couldn't see over the heads of the people in front"; "with the cross of Jesus marching on before"
Of a person who has held and relinquished a position or office; "a retiring member of the board"
At an earlier time or formerly; "she had previously lived in Chicago"; "he was previously president of a bank"; "better than anything previously proposed"; "a previously unquestioned attitude"; "antecedently arranged"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for before . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.