Crossword Clue & Answers
3 December 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 2 answers for the crossword clue 'Ballad', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Ballad a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Ballad as an answer itself some 126 times.
Ballad is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Tuesday, 07 December 2021 with the answer being SONG, but the most popular answer for this clue is LAY.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 7 Dec 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 3 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 27 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 16 Jul 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 17 May 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 May 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 29 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 19 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 5 Jan 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Ballad', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Ballad' and give you a hint.
- A narrative poem of popular origin
- A narrative song with a recurrent refrain
Impose as a duty, burden, or punishment; "lay a responsibility on someone"
A distinctive or characteristic sound; "the song of bullets was in the air"; "the song of the wind"; "the wheels sang their song as the train rocketed ahead"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Ballad . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.