Crossword Clue & Answers
29 January 2021
Last seen in: The Sun Cryptic
We found 2 answers for the crossword clue 'Ballad', the most recent of which was seen in the The Sun Cryptic.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Ballad a popularity rating of 'Common' because it has featured in a number crossword publications.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Ballad as an answer itself some 125 times.
Ballad is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Sun Cryptic' on Friday, 29 January 2021 with the answer being SONG, but the most popular answer for this clue is LAY.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Sun Cryptic - 29 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 19 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 5 Jan 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 28 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Oct 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 7 Oct 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 18 Aug 2020
- The Guardian Speedy - 1 Oct 2017
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Ballad', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Ballad' and give you a hint.
- A narrative poem of popular origin
- A narrative song with a recurrent refrain
Impose as a duty, burden, or punishment; "lay a responsibility on someone"
A very small sum; "he bought it for a song"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Ballad . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.