Crossword Clue & Answers
8 September 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 7 answers for the crossword clue 'Astern', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Astern a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Astern as an answer itself some 248 times.
Astern is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Thursday, 09 September 2021 with the answer being AFT, we also found AFT to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 9 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 16 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 7 Oct 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Astern', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Astern' and give you a hint.
- At or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane; "stow the luggage aft"; "ships with square sails sail fairly efficiently with the wind abaft"; "the captain looked astern to see what the fuss was about"
- (of a ship or an airplane) behind; "we dropped her astern on the end of a seven-inch manilla, and she laid comfortably on the ebb tide"
- Stern foremost or backward; "the steamer went astern at half speed"
We found 3 anagrams for the word 'Astern'.
- Sterna A genus of Sterninae
(nautical, aeronautical) situated at or toward the stern or tail
A support that you can lean against while sitting; "the back of the dental chair was adjustable"
At or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane; "stow the luggage aft"; "ships with square sails sail fairly efficiently with the wind abaft"; "the captain looked astern to see what the fuss was about"
In debt; "he fell behind with his mortgage payments"; "a month behind in the rent"; "a company that has been run behindhand for years"; "in arrears with their utility bills"
Having made less than normal progress; "an economically backward country"
Direction toward the rear; "his outfit marched to the rearward of the tank divisions"
At or to or toward the back or rear; "he moved back"; "tripped when he stepped backward"; "she looked rearward out the window of the car"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Astern . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.