Crossword Clue & Answers
8 September 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 9 answers for the crossword clue 'Applaud', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Applaud a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Applaud as an answer itself some 46 times.
Applaud is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Friday, 10 September 2021 with the answer being CHEER, but the most popular answer for this clue is CLAP.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 10 Sep 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 30 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 13 Aug 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 22 Jul 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 23 May 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 30 Apr 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 3 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 29 Mar 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 3 Feb 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 8 Dec 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Applaud', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Applaud' and give you a hint.
- Clap one's hands or shout after performances to indicate approval
- Express approval of; "I applaud your efforts"
A sudden very loud noise
A young oyster or other bivalve
The quality of being cheerful and dispelling gloom; "flowers added a note of cheerfulness to the drab room"
Offering words of homage as an act of worship; "they sang a hymn of praise to God"
Enthusiastic approval; "the book met with modest acclaim"; "he acknowledged the plaudits of the crowd"; "they gave him more eclat than he really deserved"
Present as worthy of regard, kindness, or confidence; "His paintings commend him to the artistic world"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Applaud . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.