Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
11 January 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 7 answers for the crossword clue 'Amphibian', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Amphibian a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Amphibian as an answer itself some 28 times.
Amphibian is a single word clue made up of 9 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Tuesday, 05 January 2021 with the answer being FROG, but the most popular answer for this clue is NEWT.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 5 Jan 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 29 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 26 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 16 Oct 2020
- The Mirror Classic - 10 Oct 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 11 Sep 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 3 Sep 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 20 Sep 2019
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Amphibian', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Amphibian' and give you a hint.
- Cold-blooded vertebrate typically living on land but breeding in water; aquatic larvae undergo metamorphosis into adult form
- An airplane designed to take off and land on water
- A flat-bottomed motor vehicle that can travel on land or water
- Relating to or characteristic of animals of the class Amphibia
A decorative loop of braid or cord
Small usually bright-colored semiaquatic salamanders of North America and Europe and northern Asia
Any of various tailless stout-bodied amphibians with long hind limbs for leaping; semiaquatic and terrestrial species
Operating or living on land and in water; "amphibious vehicles"; "amphibious operations"; "amphibious troops"; "frogs are amphibious animals"
Any of various typically terrestrial amphibians that resemble lizards and that return to water only to breed
A flat-bottomed motor vehicle that can travel on land or water
An airplane designed to take off and land on water
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Amphibian . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.