Crossword Clue & Answers
3 December 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 5 answers for the crossword clue 'Allude', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Allude a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Allude as an answer itself some 78 times.
Allude is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Monday, 06 December 2021 with the answer being REFER, we also found REFER to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 6 Dec 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 25 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 8 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 20 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 8 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 13 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 13 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 6 Jul 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 1 Jul 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Allude', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Allude' and give you a hint.
- Make a more or less disguised reference to; "He alluded to the problem but did not mention it"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Allude'.
An indication of potential opportunity; "he got a tip on the stock market"; "a good lead for a job"
Express or state indirectly
Be relevant to; "There were lots of questions referring to her talk"; "My remark pertained to your earlier comments"
The act of putting two things together with no space between them; "at his touch the room filled with lights"
Make reference to; "His name was mentioned in connection with the invention"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Allude . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.