Crossword Clue & Answers
3 December 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 24 answers for the crossword clue 'air', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given air a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen air as an answer itself some 692 times.
air is a single word clue made up of 3 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Friday, 10 December 2021 with the answer being TUNE, we also found TUNE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 10 Dec 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 9 Dec 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 14 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 9 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 30 Sep 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 9 Sep 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 8 Sep 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 20 May 2020
- The Guardian Quick - 4 Dec 2019
- The New York Times Crossword - 12 Jun 2019
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'air', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'air' and give you a hint.
- Travel via aircraft; "air travel involves too much waiting in airports"; "if you've time to spare go by air"
- A distinctive but intangible quality surrounding a person or thing; "an air of mystery"; "the house had a neglected air"; "an atmosphere of defeat pervaded the candidate's headquarters"; "the place had an aura of romance"
- Medium for radio and television broadcasting; "the program was on the air from 9 til midnight"; "the president used the airwaves to take his message to the people"
- The mass of air surrounding the Earth; "there was great heat as the comet entered the atmosphere"; "it was exposed to the air"
- The region above the ground; "her hand stopped in mid air"; "he threw the ball into the air"
- A succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence; "she was humming an air from Beethoven"
- A slight wind (usually refreshing); "the breeze was cooled by the lake"; "as he waited he could feel the air on his neck"
- Once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
- Expose to cool or cold air so as to cool or freshen; "air the old winter clothes"; "air out the smoke-filled rooms"
- Expose to warm or heated air, so as to dry; "Air linen"
- Make public; "She aired her opinions on welfare"
- Broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television; "We cannot air this X-rated song"
- Expose to fresh air; "aerate your old sneakers"
- A mixture of gases (especially oxygen) required for breathing; the stuff that the wind consists of; "air pollution"; "a smell of chemicals in the air"; "open a window and let in some air"; "I need some fresh air"
- Be broadcast; "This show will air Saturdays at 2 P.M."
We found 2 anagrams for the word 'air'.
- Ira Belligerence aroused by a real or supposed wrong (personified as one of the deadly sins)
Babylonian god of the earth; one of the supreme triad including Anu and Ea; earlier identified with En-lil
Impose as a duty, burden, or punishment; "lay a responsibility on someone"
An elaborate song for solo voice
A distinctive but intangible quality surrounding a person or thing; "an air of mystery"; "the house had a neglected air"; "an atmosphere of defeat pervaded the candidate's headquarters"; "the place had an aura of romance"
A jaunty rhythm in music
Dignified manner or conduct
Pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression; "they try to keep up appearances"; "that ceremony is just for show"
A distinctive or characteristic sound; "the song of bullets was in the air"; "the song of the wind"; "the wheels sang their song as the train rocketed ahead"
An electric railway operating below the surface of the ground (usually in a city); "in Paris the subway system is called the `metro' and in London it is called the `tube' or the `underground'"
The adjustment of a radio receiver or other circuit to a required frequency
Activity that frees or expresses creative energy or emotion; "she had no other outlet for her feelings"; "he gave vent to his anger"
A colorless gas (O3) soluble in alkalis and cold water; a strong oxidizing agent; can be produced by electric discharge in oxygen or by the action of ultraviolet radiation on oxygen in the stratosphere (where it acts as a screen for ultraviolet radiation)
The feelings expressed on a person's face; "a sad expression"; "a look of triumph"; "an angry face"
Any undertaking that is easy to do; "marketing this product will be no picnic"
The perception of pleasant arrangements of musical notes
Examine in order to test suitability; "screen these samples"; "screen the job applicants"
(behavioral attributes) the way a person behaves toward other people
A television broadcast
Broadcast via television; "The Royal wedding was televised"
Expose to cool or cold air so as to cool or freshen; "air the old winter clothes"; "air out the smoke-filled rooms"
A particular environment or surrounding influence; "there was an atmosphere of excitement"
Air at a pressure greater than that of the atmosphere; "compressed air is often used to power machines"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for air . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.